Monday, March 24, 2008

Quiet.

I know. I have been quiet a long time. Part if the reason was that things were down and up and upside down for the last few months. I had quit Frontline, taken up another job and promptly ran from that place, biometrified and petrified through an endless series of rules that, well, didn't make for wonderful journalism. The break was put to good use. I attended the Kalaghoda Arts festival, chilled with family for a week and caught up with myself.

Lately, I started work for Tehelka and have been dividing time between the features' desk there - mostly editing and page-making rather than reporting - and my own desk (bed, table whatever) at home, trying to put together something longer, and hopefully, more insightful. Have felt the need to not blog for a bit, and have, therefore, not blogged.

In the meantime, readers of this blog are entreated humbly to have patience and keep coming back to read, in case I have something to say. In other words, don't go away!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes baby!! waiting.. patiently.

Anonymous said...

all the best!

Anonymous said...

Though i have not commented on your blog before, i have been a regular reader. I can tell you this, that no reader would want to go away! everyone will definitely wait......patiently!
All the best in your new ventures!
-meghana

dipali said...

Yes, been missing your posts! Will keep checking, too. All the very best for your new assignment:)

Sachin Arya said...

Glad to know you're back...and would be starting afresh!!!

And contrary to what U2 says...Hope you achieve what you are looking for :)

1conoclast said...

Won't go away anywhere. I keep checking everytime I'm online to see if there's something new. When I saw this post, I thought I had finally gotten lucky! :-D

Loyal Reader!

A K Ravishankar said...

great to see...

arvindh said...

ok.

editor said...

I bought Tehelka the other day and it was a surprise when I saw your byline. Best of Luck.

Anonymous said...

Yeh.. Sometimes waiting are very hurting.. sometimes its good for some reason...

nigeria-job-vacancies

Gaurav Sharma said...

hey really nice blog...I am bookmarking it....keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, will be back for updates :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes good luck! I hear their features editor is a sandwich short of a picnic. Apparently everyone who's ever left Tehelka has left because of her!

Banno said...

Good luck! Waiting.

Anil P said...

Distancing so as to get closer. It usually works.

Amitabh Mitra said...

Would wait
Thanks

Amitabh

Anonymous said...

Hello Annie,

Sometimes it makes tremendous sense to keep quiet, take time for oneself and sort of go into silence. The readers of your blog would respect that and would leave you the time to be quiet for a while. That makes far more spiritual sense in a world that has the compulsive pattern of "running as fast as you can to stay where you are"... Take your own time !

तुषार वर्मा said...

the sad untimely demise of this blog is deeply regretted.

Tweets by @anniezaidi